- 1 cup of white raw quinoa
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax seed+ 5 Tbsp water)
- 1.5 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, alcohol-free
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Rind of one organic orange
- Three drops of wild orange therapeutic grade essential oil
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup of organic blueberries, preferably fresh
- Coconut oil, to grease the pan
- Walnut cashew butter (optional)
- Maca root powder (optional)
- Raw walnuts (optional)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly to remove saponins, and soak overnight in the almond milk.
- The next morning, combine ground flax seed and water. Let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken to a gel. In a high-speed blender, like a Vitamix, combine all ingredients except the chia seeds, banana, and blueberries, and blend for 30 seconds. Then fold in the chia seeds.
- Let the batter rest for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Fold in mashed bananas and whole blueberries. Heat a non-toxic non-stick pan on medium-high heat, and add 2 Tbsp of coconut oil. Drop a 1/4 cup of batter per pancake and once the edges begin to bubble, flip the pancake over and continue to cook until light golden brown on both sides.
- Top with garnishes - A dollop of walnut-cashew butter, sifted maca root powder, raw walnuts, and a drizzle maple syrup.
- Store extra pancakes in the refrigerator up to 5 days or freeze up to 4 months.
Yields approx 12 pancakes